When making conscientious decisions about purchasing cosmetics, one of the most important decisions you can make is about your makeup brushes. What are they made from? Will they irritate your skin? Or do you worry that they may not pick up makeup products perfectly, leaving you with a patchy and unnatural finish? Vegan makeup brushes have been on the cosmetic radar for a while now, but it can be difficult to find ones that are actually effective as well as long-lasting. This is where I would like to introduce you to the magical world of NIMA Brush!
It feels like only yesterday that I was at my first day of MUA college, and the woman behind NIMA Brush, Niamh Martin, handed me my first set of professional makeup brushes. The award-winning range is handmade in Ireland, with both professional makeup artists and makeup lovers in mind.
FUN FACT: On my first day of MUA college when Niamh Martin introduced the class to NIMA Brush, she gave us an important tip to look after our brushes: DON’T GIVE YOUR BRUSHES A BATH! This causes the glue that hold the brushes together to separate, causing the bristles to fall out, and this hence destroys the brush. Thanks Niamh!
In association with IBIZA FASHION FESTIVAL, NIMA has created an innovative collection of 100% vegan makeup brushes. The festival focuses on promoting sustainable fashion, ethically-sourced fabrics and materials and how to recycle garments, which all perfectly ties in with these brand new, ethically-produced makeup brushes by NIMA.
So, what are the brushes made of?
- The hairs are made from a high tec new fibre technology created by NIMA called Nimafi™. This innovative technology is created using Micron Crystal Technology, which allows the synthetic bristles to mimic the design and movement of natural hair. These tiny crystals attach themselves to the synthetic fibres, creating the perfect pro MUA brush effect.
The new vegan range consists of two collections, the Vegan Veluxe Collection, and The Eye Spy Collection.
Vegan Veluxe Collection, €65.00
- Consists of six professional-length contour brushes for full-face application
- The brush collection is suitable for the application of: Foundation, concealer, powder, contour, bronzer, highlighter and blusher.
The Eye Spy Collection, €40.00
- Consists of seven professional-length, soft detail brushes for complete eye makeup application
- The brush collection is suitable for the application of: Eyeshadow, eyebrow definition and eyeliner
Both of the vegan collections come with an organically woven drawstring bag to store the brushes in on-the-go, and are available at www.nimabrush.com