If you are already a cruelty-free beauty fanatic, then you are probably aware of the Leaping Bunny certification. Known as the most reliable cruelty-free certification in the world, the Leaping Bunny Program is run by Cruelty Free International, the organisation who happens to be running the world’s most ambitious global campaign to ban animal cosmetic testing worldwide.
What do Cruelty Free International do?
Cruelty Free International run a variety of global campaigns in order to expose and ban animal experiments worldwide. Their Leaping Bunny Certification is the most reliable certification due to its rigorous criteria, which scrutinises the entire supply chain and includes independent audits. It is also the only internationally recognised cruelty-free programme.
The official logo for the Leaping Bunny ceritification.
Here are some of the organisation’s incredible campaigns and how YOU can help ban animal testing today!
The ‘Ending Secrecy Campaign’.
Did you know that the Home Office in the UK issues a license to cosmetic companies to carry out tests on animals? Not only this, but the law requires the companies to keep this as a hidden secret, even when the company is funded by public money? Cruelty Free International believes this is wrong, and as a result from their campaigning to combat the issue, the Home Office Minister has made a promise to the UK Parliament to change their regulations.
How YOU can help?
To help hurry the improved regulations along, sign the petition here: https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/what-we-do/our-campaigns/ending-secrecy/ending-secrecy-petition
The Ban of Cruelty to Dogs in Experiments
A campaign that is supported by X Factor judge, Simon Cowell, Cruelty Free International have been working hard to free dogs of cruel toxicity tests in laboratories. As a result of these poisonous experiments, dogs suffer from horrific repercussions like organ damage, seizures and paralysis- even if they survive the experiments, they are usually killed anyway.
How YOU can help?
A donation to Cruelty Free International helps for the organisation to:
- Conduct research into alternative practices
- Lobby governments to introduce dog-protecting laws
- Send undercover investigators into laboratories to expose the truth
Beagle dogs are the most used in cruel animal tests as they are the most gentle-natured.
Save Our Monkeys
Cruelty Free International campaigns to ban the trade and export of monkeys in Mauritius to be used in cruel experiments. The monkeys are slaughtered inhumanely, including pregnant monkeys and babies.
How YOU can help?
Email or send a letter to your country’s Embassy for Mauritius. For Ireland, the nearest embassy for Mauritius is in London, whose email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Their postal address is:
32-33 Elvaston Place
Cruelty Free International have a great example letter/email to give you an idea of what to say in your letter/email to the embassy, which you can find at: https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/save-our-monkeys
Global Ban to End Cosmetic Testing on Animals
Cruelty Free International’s campaign to end animal testing is the biggest and most successful cosmetic testing ban campaign worldwide. After a twenty-year campaign, the European Union took the milestone step to ban all of the cosmetics tested on animals after the 11th of March in 2013. March 2018 marks the fifth year of the EU ban against animal testing and marketing!
Since the EU ban, other countries have followed the same route and have banned cosmetic testing and marketing. These countries include Israel, Norway and Brazil. Cruelty Free International is working vigorously with the Korean government to ban animal testing in Korea, and has also successfully encouraged the Chinese authorities to ban the requirement to test shampoo, makeup, skincare and perfume on animals when manufacturing cosmetics (‘made in China’, NOT ‘sold in China’). They are further campaigning to make the Chinese government ban ALL cosmetic animal testing, as it is still required by law for them to test any cosmetic products on animals.
Cruelty Free International is continuously campaigning to ban animal testing worldwide, and the campaign has been spread into thousands of The Body Shop stores across sixty-five countries.
How can YOU help RIGHT NOW?
- Sign the global petition now to end animal testing: https://foreveragainstanimaltesting.com/page/9583/petition/1
- Sign every petition at http://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org. Every signature makes a huge difference to the lives of animals who are still suffering.
- Pledge to be cruelty-free and switch to only using cruelty-free products. Stick to buying products certified by the Leaping Bunny.
- Donate to Cruelty Free International. Donating helps the organisation to launch high profile campaigns, encourage cosmetic companies to certify their brand with Leaping Bunny, send undercover investigators into laboratories to expose the truth, introduce new non-animal testing laws to governments worldwide and encourage regulators to accept non-animal tests.
- If you are a cruelty-free cosmetic company who has never tested on animals/whose ingredients have never been tested on animals, apply for your Leaping Bunny certification here: https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/what-we-do/corporate-partnerships/join-the-leaping-bunny-programme.
To find Leaping Bunny certified products quickly and efficiently, use this link: